Monday, June 26, 2017

Kale, Cabbage and Cauliflower

Today I've been planting out my vegetables from the Brassica Oleracea family   -and only really have Chard and some leeks (perhasp)  to be planted  in the ground  now.

Need to make sure that I keep away pigeons


Seems this genus has been cultivated for several hundred years and is good for us.



A few weedy looking plants







A small looking sample.
Cabbages and Cauliflowers are similarly protected
























I'm bringing home soft fruit every day now and also courgettes - the first (but only a few).

 Redcurrants which I will have with some blackcurrants - If I think of each tub  as being about £1 it makes the allotment seem cost effective (almost) keep in mind that there's all this other good thing too.


I'm also having a go at growing some Melba Melons too - but they'll stay in the greenhouse (most of the time).



Now that was (National) Radio 1


It's £275

No comments: