Friday, July 03, 2015

Summer and Another of those Ealing 'Pictures of The Week'

Summer fun on Ealing Green

Well I have pretty much lost count of the number of pictures submitted by me that  the Ealing Gazette has chosen to publish - thanks Steve Bax  and also before him to Michael Russell for looking at them favourably .

But I note that this one is a year after a somewhat similar submission by me illustrating the bright colours at work on Ealing Green for the Midsummer Festival (last week and a year ago last week).
with a 'Y'













It's been a hot and dry summer so far and watering on the allotment is a daily task (which is getting more controversial too).

Is this sort of sign needed on Allotments?


I know that some climate change concerns are highlighted during the times that  temperature extremes are experienced but I also note that summers in the UK have seen very high temperatures in the past too.



As you can see hardly any cropping has been done - so my framing might be better (or worse)


In fact summer in the city as well as a great pop song  sung by The Lovin' Spoonful  (with evocative lyrics) is a fine thing to celebrate.




[Hot in the City by Billy Idol's good too.]





No comments: