Friday, May 01, 2015

In a weeks time..

In a weeks time we'll have some idea of how the UK voted and what sort of government we'll have..

Last night I watched a fair amount of the three UK major party leaders being grilled by an audience of voters on the BBC's Question Time - the consensus was that members of the public scored some good 'goals' with their questions.

I'm not sure how worried London voters are about the SNP

Now I (like most people) have my own preferences and priorities around the sort of issues and society I'd like to see but I do feel that we are lucky to have what appears to be a civilised debate and politicians who seem to genuinely care and  take their responsibilities seriously.

Cameron, Clegg and Miliband have all spent the last weeks travelling, being interviewed and pose for various photo opportunities - this is not an easy ride and for me being away from home, answering the same questions repeatedly  and having to do really long days would be pretty tiresome.

How much difference the appearances on TV and the press 'persuasion' (which is so blatant in many of the papers as to be laughable)  has on the electorate is difficult to calculate.
Don'tknow if this will win over 'hard working families'

I would like to see a more democratic and inclusive system for running government and making big decisions  but until that happens I do think it is worth voting and feel privileged to be able to do so.

A view I hold against the vote Labour and you'll get the SNP (or vice-versa in Scotland) is vote Cameron and you'll get that devious and questionable character Boris Johnson - I do not believe he should run the country (or even a chip shop) but he is positioning himself to lead the Tory party either in opposition or when Cameron moves out.


[Interesting to see that the respected business paper the  FT has come out in favour of another Tory/Lib-Dem coalition]

  

No comments: