Tuesday, January 23, 2018

PhotoShop at Richmond Art School

The ethos 


In Richmond last week for start of Photoshop training course - Facilities well set up and a nice schedule for the 5 week run.

Adobe (who manage the Photoshop product) have a business model that charges an annual fee - (on a monthly basis if you prefer) - considerable reduction on the charge if you purchase as a student (up to 65%) - there are alternatives to this market leader and the freeware GIMP looks promising - I'm running the trial version (for a week) before making a decision.

Who would have thought i'd be here?

I'm thinking I won't be a heavy user and am hoping that GIMP (horrible name) uses a similar philosophy (layers and the like), I've been happy the last 5 or so years with Google's Picasa  - it's no longer a program that Google are focusing on and or developing.


Sun on Richmond Green a (big) stone's throw from the Richmond Art School (part of RHACC)

Health Service

Now I'm not (as regular readers will know) a fan of Boris Johnson but I do support the NHS having more funding - the BBC News was truly shaming on the current situation -if these extra funding  needs to be disguised as a Brexit premium so be it.

I also have some sympathy with Boris (I'm surprised to say) over the lack of direction on post Brexit UK - the decision has been taken and I understand than Remain-ers are trying to make the exit look as much like staying in as possible - this though (in my opinion) is the worst of both worlds -I'd prefer to stay in but if we're leaving we need to exploit the upsides that there are.

For me (now)  the issue is indeed May's lack of ambition or direction - there is a lack of leadership which needs addressing



No comments: