Monday, January 22, 2018

Moral Philosophy course- Session 2

For knowledge- enter here 

Having had a good stab at the preparation ahead of reconvening to look further at Moral Philosophy, in week 2 of my latest course (A   CityLit  course focusing on the subject of Ethics) I was initially slightly frustrated but by the end of the 2 hour class I felt that I was able to see something of the 'project'.

The course is after all to give us 'tools' not to actually answer the big questions (which can draw you in) that we encounter.


Pleasing
Having reflected on the idea of Moral Relativism and listened to one of Lord Bragg's In Our Times (on the topic of Relativism) I'm realising that I do have some tools but that the quest is not likely to end easily.


Next week it's Plato and am going to be  listening to a reading of Chapter 14 of Bertrand Russell on Plato's Republic  to get ready for the class.

And the Practical

The Internet (and making lists) are useful in actually tackling projects around the home   - long been thinking about tidying up a bathroom and adding a shelf  (Expression Products) and  Glass Tumbler & Holder (SupaHome) are quick wins.

Be Optimistic 


If you get a chance I'd recommend taking a look at David Bryne  and his Reason's To Be Cheerful (the idea taken from the title of one of  Ian Dury's Song) - something positive to reflect on .

No comments: