Tuesday, June 24, 2014

More photography, Canon Test Drive and a course

The news that I'm likely to have yet another photograph published in the next week's Ealing Gazette has spurred me on to take a more active approach to my photography and I have enrolled in a 1 day course at  Westland Place Studios, the course is called 'Shooting The Square Mile' and the early booking price for the July 5th session  is just £49  which seems a very reasonable price.

A bunch of colours
I anticipate many of my cohorts will be using SLR cameras (as opposed to my point and shoot)  but I hope that the course is not just about equipment and that I can learn some new ideas along the way.

I am also expressing an interest in a Canon Test drive to be held at a London dealers (Park Cameras, London) , I remain fairly loyal to the brand having had Video and Stills photos (and printers) from them I like their build and lens quality. I am planning to see if there is a camera better suited to me than the SX280 HS - I'm beginning to quite like it particularly the GPS and ability to transfer images wirelessly.


Crops


The allotment is beginning to provide soft fruit behind the Strawberries it looks like there'll be a good crop of Currants and Apples - I think Garlic is ready for picking soon too (as the tops are dying).







No comments: