Monday, October 02, 2017

Finding my religion and camera use

Probably more than minutes though 


One of the things I have had in mind since before the start of 2017 is around religion - it's something that is questionable for me but important and I'm hoping that Marcus Weeks's book which I recently received will act as a starting off point for my consideration much as an earlier book on Philosophy by him did.

Keep an eye out here and I'll be reflecting on what I get from the book weekly.


Photography and The Canon G7 X



Almost SLR ability to give sharp focus and depth
Enjoyed watching the part 3 of 'Britain in Focus' with Eamon McCabbe on BBC catch-up - I suppose the fact that Martin Parr was a large part of it helped (loved the insight on the influence that  a photographer called John Hinde's Postwar holiday postcards had on him).



Background Focus &




















'Throwing' Focus






I'm adjusting to my new camera - it's surprising to me that it feels so different (in terms of the pictures I get) from the G 16 - really do like the different picture ration that I'm using and impressed by its capabilities at low light.




Not so sure about not having an optical viewfinder and not being able to access an 'electronic zoom' but think depth of focus is worth having - also intrigued to find that exposure (to me) tends towards underexposed but detail in 'the blacks' is there to be accessed if wanted - am hoping to find that I can take advantage of this when I start to learn a bit about Adobe Photoshop at RACC later in the week.


G7 x- Good at low levels of available light 




No comments: