Wednesday, March 03, 2021

The challenge of a term like 'Creative Destruction'

 There's something about connecting two words that at first appear in opposition to one another.


Currently a peripheral look at Political Philosophy is taking an evening each week and it's great (via London's City  Lit) to be introduced to some analyses of what's informing government and big business thought .


The term Creative Destruction  much loved by Apple & Google types  for a while  'de rigueur; for leaders in the high tech sector to name check the man credited with the phrase (Joseph Schumpeter 1883- 1950) - I am now going to have in the back of my mind the search for two almost opposing words to make a term that describes the world we find ourselves in.

[What was it about Austria and more specifically Vienna in first part of the 20th Century]

Personal  Influences 

These days I sometimes notice how my behaviours remind me so much  of my own dad’s – amongst other things an example:

  • he used to plan a job, get prepared and then diverted  -when he came back to it again he’d go and get more bits and pieces – this can be positive during lockdowns as I’ve invariably got things I didn’t realise I had.

 

No comments: