Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Welcome 2019

Time to take a look forward 

I love a good slogan - let's have more in 2019

I like to take a  look ahead in an optimistic way but my goodness here's one I did earlier (what ever happened to David Cameron?) and I think optimism is perhaps something we should practice in our own personal spheres and hope that it moves beyond this.

I suppose 12 months ago we all thought that Mrs May was unlikely to last as long as she has but she can't still be head of UK government in a year's time - can she?

Equally it does feel difficult to countenance a Labour party struggling in the polls with Jeremy Corbyn at its head - like Cameron, Milliband  has not left politics without a trace and the current leadership system he bequeathed  for Labour is I fear destined to pick someone as unpopular with the right wing media as Jeremy perhaps Sadiq stands a chance?
 
There's an interesting Radio series running on BBC radio 4 currently suggesting things we can do to improve things in terms of 'Climate Change'  on a personal level - plenty of practical tips and perhaps a philosophy that we could consider signing up to - not about despair - 'there's no point'  but actually a bit of a Stoic attitude where we do what we can that's under our control ?

Let's try and be supportive of  each other's best endeavours  help others who are struggling  and thinking before we speak, yesterday I found out a little about Hannah Arendt - there are people who we can (and perhaps  should) seek to emulate she I think had some things to say worth considering (and remained a human famed for her belief in friendship )

Best to all for 2019

No comments: