Monday, December 31, 2018

Gallery visits


Having failed to regularly update my online record of outings  it may seem that I've not being taking in cultural highlights (if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that this is not the case).
Tate Modern shop - nice gifts


Recently apart from my CityLit course I've looked at Edward Burne-Jones at Tate Britain and foud much there of interest (I liked the Stained Glass for example) - the visit encouraged me to research a little on the Pre Raphaelite Brotherhood a group that Burne-Jones was a follower of, I'd not previously recognised the significance and importance of the direction they took British art - my intention in the future is to more often  do  some 'homework' prior to cultural visits  - but without hopefully removing the initial impact of what I'm seeing.


A Work by Ed Jones (also  Known as Edward Burne-Jones)


Not Cheerful.


Also we've been to Tate Modern to do some shopping and extend our membership while we were there we took a look at an area/school of Art that is perhaps beneath others radar as it was mine - it was an area of activity in between the wars Germany now labelled Magic Realism



 








New Works



A work about something
Lethaby Gallery

Less mainstream visits have included the UAL Lethaby Gallery in the re vitalised Coal Yard area near St Pancras station.



















No comments: