Monday, January 21, 2019

Progress

Recently was  recalling the computer fairs that used to be held in hotels and the like which I'd sometimes pop into (probably in the 1990s), at one I I bought a flatbed scanner - not my first scanner before that when I was in France I had a handheld one with OCR software that was thought to be ‘state of the Art’ at that time.

HP 7720  - good spec' great price


 Well my last scanner  had struggled with Windows 10 for some time and frustration led me/us to get a this new one, it is an HP 7720  ‘All-in-One’ A3 capable, wireless connected, it does double sided colour prints and was very easy to set up – only £90 new amazing.




Also you can email the printer from your phone to print – I wondered to myself what would the class of ’ UWIST 78'  graduates that I was a part of  have thought of this as an everyday thing in a few years or all the other ‘techie’ toys we now have?

Quick to install and software included

Human ingenuity has provided me with much pleasure and the world's population with a longer and better life.
A tear jerker.

I have recently completed reading a book by (the late) Hans Rosling a great example of the sort of people that North European Social Democrats countries can produce, it’s called ‘Factfulness’ and is a nice blast of optimism that reminds us of the great strides we’ve seen in our own lifetimes from a man who could also swallow swords.

[Incidentally near the end the book had me blubbing like a baby unusual for a Non Fiction title.]

No comments: