Friday, May 25, 2018

Bombshell (and radio)

When I'm digging weeding and planting  at the allotments I often have the radio on, most often tuned Hedy Lammar - so much more than a gorgeous film star - such was my fascination with the subject that I watched the new (-ish) film about her that is a  Susan Sarandon  Executive produced Film (it's on YouTube currently).
While I'm digging
to BBC Radio 4 - one of their excellent programmes is Great Lives- last week the person chosen by Guest Suzy Klein was Hedy.

A couple of other Gems - Desert Island Disc has a fine host with Kirsty Young - intriguing to hear philanthropist  Sir Peter Lampl  - many of the pleasures he described were those we can all enjoy.

And the other show that fascinates is 'Artist to Artist' - great to hear the famous quote of William Morris being (re)-used by Ron Arad on this weeks show.


Perhaps not William Morris was thinking about

No comments: