Saturday, December 30, 2017

Things

Well as they say Christmas has pretty much come and gone, for many people the ambition is solely to get through it for others it's a time of creating great memories, next thing is to get our energy levels up and prepare for the New Year..
Doors I have known

Odd as I look back on my blog (from nearly 8 years ago) I see a picture of Nick Clegg (Now Sir Nick) - we've been through quite a bit since then, perhaps we'll get another  change at the top in 2018?

[Also interested to see reference to Ringo and a knighthood from even further back - perhaps there's a lesson in this for would-be Knight David Beckham. ]

So for me 2017 I started a project to collect (pictures of) 365 sequential front doors (and managed 105- ish, which isn't too bad) and I bought a new Camera by saving and putting aside  a pound or two every day.

I have managed to spend quite a lot of time at The National Gallery (and the two London Tates too) am hoping to get more from Gallery visits in the New Year.

Bruce Nauman at Tate Modern -
Run From Fear Fun From Rear (1972)

I have again exhibited (and sold) some photo's so that has felt good.



Also keeping alive an interest in Philosophy, I'm going to do another course on this in 2018 and am drawn to find out more about two Frenchmen, Michel de Montaigne (his essays)  and  Xavier de Maistre (who wrote a travel book Voyage Autour de Ma Chambre about his room).




I also have News from Nowhere to read (I typically start the year reading then get overtaken by me own personal existential crisis.

Amazing and Free- London's National Gallery

What about 2018 - well I'm going to have a good long think about what  I fancy proclaiming as my mission/target - watch this space!

[Interesting to see the #FPBE hashtag on Twitter about Brexit, as is so much these days, feeling admiration for both Lords  Heseletine and Adonis.]

No comments: