Friday, February 19, 2021

Not expecting to go back to the previous Normal

 On a recent Zoom call  looking at how images of materials and lessons can be delivered it was  very informative on some of the challenges educational establishments are facing,  seems that both Zoom and Teams have their own strengths and  advantages.  For me having seen and used the two I find that from my limited knowledge Zoom handles 'breakouts' well  and it feels quite intimate but of course there are inherent delays in all these applications causing some talking over one another - always good to mute when you're not talking and if you're not needing to be seen then bandwidth should be surrendered.


Gather Zoom is not so secure but has some areas of advantage for people who are located in China. 

I was quite heartened by the commitment educationalists are showing and I must say it  angers me to hear the Education Minister (Gavin  Williamson who continues to deserve the Frank Spencer nickname)   indulging in ‘Culture Wars’ agenda rather than supporting Teachers &  Students in the crisis  but I suppose it’s what we might expect.


The Woman presenting  made the statement that she was   ‘Not expecting to go back to the previous Normal’ and for me it’s probably worth keeping in mind across the board.

 

No comments: