Tuesday, January 21, 2020

19 Visit a Museum (I will) and some stuff on Metal Sculpture

Well already the targets could be slipping, but day to day I've got Arty stuff going on.

So the exercise I'm at now is a visit to as Museum, drawing items that interest me and perhaps annotating  with notes.

For me this'll come later, as part of my Foundation Art and Design we'll do this and as a volunteer at the V&A I'm well prepared.





Part of my ' busy' schedule is a Metal Sculpture course, many years since I  was in a metal workshop and the one I'm at doesn't have lathes and the like but it's fun soldering and welding.

I've a target to create a 3D piece representing a figure in a dress, it'll use a few methods of joining materials.

Week 1 (last week) riveting and solder were touched on and I've now got a little blowtorch.

And in the garage at home


Soldering in the studio 
my cut pieces.
Spot Welded




Rivets
Soldered Copper











Here's where I am with my figure have also found a template for a 'conical' dress to cover the figure.
Will cut from steel sheet

No comments: