Thursday, January 02, 2020

No 2- Fill in the Diamonds

Exercise 2


So this exercise says 'Fill in the Diamonds Perhaps create a rainbow pattern'.









In fact yesterday  I got 36 premium pencils (£4 from The Works) so gave most of them a go on this (but also used a couple of felt pens to see how this affected the look





What I found was that materials (in this case coloured pencils) did not really do or show what I wanted - they felt generally insipid and lacking in intensity.
Yellow and hues of this felt most 'alive'.
In a way because the outcome is so unsatisfactory - it makes mne consider that I've got something from this investigation.
This photo' of colour is something (the car) I might try and represent with suitable materials - it's solid blocks look possible to achieve with suitable materials.


Geometric shapes of solid colour

No comments: