Friday, April 12, 2019

Good News (and some more catch up)

Fantastic to learn that the threat over Northfields Allotment (London's Oldest) has gone away (at least for the time being).
An asset  (AVC) say the council 

The Council recognise the site as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) and local politician (including Rupa Huq MP)  have given their support.

The Charity that manages the site has had a rethink (and a change in it's leadership) - we've been luck to have some great campaigners and have a victory for now..



London's RA 

Asign

At the end of February I spent some time at the RA, main reason to go was to see work by Phyllida Barlow - I've been quite taken by her work at Tate Modern and Tate Britain- to be honest I wasn't knocked out by the work shown at the RA (not sure if it was how the work was shown?)


I noticed that many of the visitors focused on how the work had been moved and assembled - this doesn't feel like a great comment.

A big piece 


I did though notice plenty of other good stuff while I was there like this 'Anatomical Crucifixion of  James Legg'  by the important sculptor  Thomas Banks RA (1801).

Crucifixion by  Thomas Banks



No comments: