Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sporadic - BEAT 2017 w/e 1

So the Sporadic here is more about me than the event which would better be described as Steady.
Gordon Road sign

Whereas my Blogging of late is Sporadic, this could of course be a good thing -anyway more on that later.

Back to BEAT 2017, the second of Ealing's Open Studios.

Photo's on show
















Last year Mandie at the Orchard Café took a number of lost souls under he wing and by and large we had quite a jolly time - this year those nomads (or most of them) are finding a temporary home in Gordon Road with Ceramicist Viv Phelan  one of the originators of the event.

Ceramics -A Granddad who lost his wife
(she was sold)

I suppose the main thing that I get from this and other chances to show my photo's is a chance to talk about what I do and also engage with what others do - this year (weekend 1)  there was a fantastically wide selection of personalities - some with there own views and some who just came to look.
Gordon Cookson - Wood-turner 
















In main Tim Layden is absent as he has taken a new teaching post in Milton Keynes but he's planning to be around for w/e 2 (Saturday and Sunday) - having got to know Tim a bit (and exhibit with him as half of the 2 Tims) I'm happy to speak a little about his work but it'll be nice to see him talking about it.

2 old 'So & Sos' make a nice present


Of course it's nice to sell prints too but (oddly) I feel a bit sad now when they go (although of course I can reprint).



No comments: