Thursday, September 21, 2017

Looking back on BEAT 2017

Well the BEAT  2017 , Ealing Open Studios was I think largely a positive experience for me - a great opportunity to talk to new people about activities around Photography and other creative endeavours - really appreciated that some of my friends came to see me (Thanks so much to Norman & Sandra, Nick & Susana, John, Nev and Ed).

Planning is worthwhile




I was able to use some of my knowledge from an earlier  CityLit course in terms of planning how I displayed my Photos' which was good.





Ladies who look




Also great that Tim Layden (my co- conspirator from earlier in the year)  had some of his work on show and was able to come down and be part of the 2nd w/e.



It was incredibly kind  of Viv (and Greg) to invite in a few of us 'Waifs and Strays' to share her space.


As well as people I know there were loads of people who were obviously talented in many ways - some top notch photographers and people who just like being part of the whole event.

We have a general meeting of the BEAT participants and a party to look forward to - I'm hoping that we can get more involvement from other parts of the Borough it feels currently like Acton, Greenford and Southall  are under represented and we need edgier stuff as well as  more younger people too.

Nice that some exhibitors became visitors this year too.
Ealing Park Tavern- A varied menu and plenty of time to chat 

I'm genuinely excited when someone wants something I've done and when one guy wanted a card (just £3.00) I almost paid him rather than received it.

A Meal at the Ealing Park Tavern on Sunday evening was a super way of celebrating the whole experience.

No comments: