Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Reaching 200

 Social Media is quite a thing, lots of  famous people (and not so famous) have thousands of followers, I am hovering around 200 people on twitter, this is as a result of friends, local people and people who have similar views (I think) to me politically.

It is not a big deal for me and I'm often surprised by tweets that do get retweeted or liked - I suppose it's when there's some sort of resonance (I guess it's what I do to). 



For me the habit of sending a photo out each day on twitter started about six or seven years ago and it remains the main thing that keeps me engaged but since the last 2 or 3 years I also find political (Local, National and International) can be engaging ands sometimes it will make me a little angry, the action of tweeting or retweeting can help dissipate those feelings somewhat.


As well as a few friends I have a cousin who is in Spain and is passionately anti Brexit and I think anti-this Tory government, it is nice to keep in touch with him via twitter.

 My next thoughts are to start regular uploads to YouTube, I've been inspired by Naomi SexyCyborg Wu (in China) and Merumo in Japan., I like the idea  of a big theme in bite sized episodes  (as Merumo has done with a history of the sex industry).

The other area I'm drawn to is Art and here I like the style of the late Robert Hughes (famed for Shock of the New'). 

I'm not motivated by income or fame but think that the discipline and goal could be good for me and hopefully I will produce something that engages - watch this space!

No comments: