Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Nick Pearson holds forth at OPEN Ealing

At OPEN Ealing/Orchard Café this Monday and the previous one too with John Kaye.


Nick Pearson  presents 
October sun on The National 


Nick Pearson talking us through some key features of Monet and  the previous week Manet, two rather marvellous French artists .








As I was at National Gallery this morning (and what a lovely morning)  this gave me the chance to take a look at some of Claude's work - I did say that I thought (like Wittgenstein) there's an early and late - late being where he did a lot of paintings in his garden

I was taken by how Nick's close-ups revealed the technique Monet used and also liked seeing some of the work he undertook in London.

Bathers at La Grenouillére (1869)




One of Monet's Gare St Lazare  (1877) paintings  
The Thames Below Westminster (1871)
Water Lily Pond (1899)



















No comments: