Monday, August 13, 2018

More on Art

Tate Britain -Popular but not over crowded 

Back at Tate Britain yesterday, second visit within the week - while it's popular it's numbers are manageable at this time of year quite a few places are getting excessively crowded - before I reflect on what I saw recently I wanted to mention how seeing 'Fake or Fortune' with Fiona Bruce this is generally an enjoyable show and something of a credit to BBC for showing on their mass TV channel during peak times on a Sunday.

A previous owner of the painting had lived here











Why I felt warm about yesterdays's programme was because a) I'd been to Tate Britain that day and b) because one of the previous owners of the (possible) Sir William Nicholson painting under question had live at what became George Michael's house which I recently saw on a recent London Villages walk.







No comments: