Saturday, January 07, 2012

Metal thieves and compost enclosure



In the week I learnt that the spate of metal raids had hit my allotment site mainly taking plumbing at the site but also various galvanised tanks used on individual plots. Also heard that sheds had been broken into and tools taken you can see here that this is something happening at various sites

Thankfully we were not victims but it does seem rather a shame that such things happen.
I have now made a start on compost enclosure using old pallets and loads of screws and brackets- above you can see how useful my cordless screwdriver is proving and also how dark it is about 4:30 pm (rhs).
I will hopefully finish in the next week or two and might then add some prickly hedge to deter unwanted visitors- probably Hawthorn variety.

No comments: